Nathaniel Hawthorne (rođen kao Nathaniel Hathorne; 4.7. 1804 – 19.5. 1864) bio je američki prozni pisac iz 19. vijeka. Smatra se jednom od ključnih ličnosti u razvoju američke književnosti zbog svojih priča smještenih u kolonijalni period američke historiji. Najpoznatiji je po romanu The Scarlet Letter.
- Eldred's Hawthorne site at Eldritch Press contains all of Hawthorne's works, notes on the writings, annotated editions, and lots of other information
- The Hawthorne in Salem Website was funded in May of 2000 by a three-year grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities and is a collaborative effort of North Shore Community College in Danvers, Massachusetts, and three Salem, Massachusetts museums with important Hawthorne collections.
- Herman Melville's appreciation, "Hawthorne and His Mosses" (1851)
- Henry James's book-length study, Hawthorne (1879)
- The Wayside The only home Hawthorne ever owned.
- WBUR's celebration of Nathaniel Hawthorne at 200, with links to NPR's "The Connection" on Hawthorne's birthday, as well as an interview with author Phillip McFarland
- Legends of the Province House and Other Twice Told Tales, text and images
- Djela čiji je autor Nathaniel Hawthorne na Projektu Gutenberg
- American literary couple reunited after 150 years
- WorldCat Identities page for 'Hawthorne, Nathaniel 1804-1864'